"Trust your motherly instincts, at the end of the day (or in the middle of the night), no book, medical expert or even experienced mom knows YOUR baby better than you. Trust your God given innate ability to care for your baby." - Mother's Intuition

Thursday, April 4, 2013

When we don't feel any Intuition

E Showing his new brother some Love
 
Being a mom can be so complicated. Should I do this or that? There is so much riding on our decisions! And it seems that everyone is watching us and our kids and if we make one wrong move, we are toast! Ok maybe not that severe but man it can feel like that somedays. That is why I am so gratefull for my intuition, my natural instincts to guide me in my child raising. But what happens when we just don't feel anything, no intuition, just clueless? Yes this has happened to me on more than one equation. Many times it has to do with my toddler's sleep. There are a million reasons your child may not be sleeping well and sometimes I don't even know which direction to venture to even start figuring it out. So what do I do in these situations? I take a deep breath and call upon my village and tell myself that it is ok to not have every answer!

I really think it does take a village to raise kids. At the end of the day it is up to us to make the final decision and to implement what we have learned, but before we can do that we need to learn. We need to call upon those that have done it before, our mothers, our mother in laws, our grandmothers, aunts, sisters and fellow moms. I also read books by the experts who know and love children. But sometimes after trying all of the advice from others and we still don't have an answer I resort to love, just loving my children through difficult phases. We are learning and growing through this world together. Sometimes we don't know what the problem is and neither does anybody else, but there is one thing I have learned as a mother is that this too will pass and our kids sometimes just need some love to get through this difficult phase. We will feel better as mothers when we share our love and our children feel better when they feel loved. Sometimes we don't have all of the answers and that is ok, but we always have love and I am confident that my children will not fault me for not being perfect but will be grateful that they felt loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment